Deals

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today’s thankful: Baby girl made the bed


I have been trying, thanks to Flylady.net, to develop daily routines to help keep the housework semi under control. One of the things that I have been doing is at least pulling the covers up on the bed if I don’t have time to actually make it. I call it a lick and a promise, and have found a way to be happy with a less than perfect outcome. See, Flyday teaches that some of us are such lousy housekeepers because we get overwhelmed when we can’t make everything perfect, so we give up. That is exactly what I have always done. So learning to love less than perfect and doing a little instead of nothing is getting to be a new normal for me. This morning, as I was drying off from the bath, Youngest came into the bathroom and announced that she had made my bed for me because I hadn’t done it yet. Was it perfect? No, but it made me perfectly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment