Deals

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Today’s thankful: I survived

I have been working mostly from home for six years. I had to go back into the office full time last Wednesday. It isn’t as bad as it could be, given that my wonderful boss lets me take Youngest to school before I go in. But, given that I hadn’t worn shoes for more than about four hours at a stretch for six years, it was awfully hard keeping my shoes on all day. I was also a little concerned with the whole not being home all day and still managing to find time to cook from scratch and stay on top of the laundry. With the Flylady’s routines in place, my transition back into the outside the home workforce was relatively smooth. I managed to pack nutritious lunches for myself and Youngest and prepare home-cooked from scratch meals for my family. I know it was only three days, and next week will be the real test, but for my first three days back, I survived it. For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment