Deals

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Today’s thankful: The brainwashing is working

Yesterday morning Youngest came into my room to wake me up and tell me she was hungry. I was telling her to go get food I knew she was capable of getting on her own while I pried the sleepy seeds out of my eyes. When I got to the offer of bread (she likes to eat it plain), she wailed, “But I’m not allowed to use the knife.” I told her to get the store bought bread. She said, “Yuck.” I’m not sure she wasn’t just trying to get me out of bed, but at least it appears that she is trending toward unprocessed food. The brainwashing might be taking hold. I am also thankful, on a much deeper level, that she didn’t take the opportunity of my sleep addled brain to actually wield the bread knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment