Deals

Monday, June 27, 2011

Today’s thankful: No more packaged muffin mix for me, and Camp Dellwood


I have been trying to eat more local and less processed food. My two elder girls love those strawberry muffins from an envelope which don’t have a drop of strawberry in them. I decided to give them a treat today and made a few bags. I have always liked them. Today they just didn’t taste as good as I had remembered. The girls still love them. I, however, will never eat another one. See, they didn’t taste overly delicious, which I was okay with, but they didn’t stick around in my system more than about 20 minutes either. Not cool. So I guess I can be thankful that I no longer want packaged, berry free, strawberry muffins.
Another thing about which I can be thankful today is that I tried to make my own butter from heavy cream, and it worked! It was also as easy as I had remembered from Girl Scout camp many  years ago. I am thankful for the summers I spent at Camp Dellwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment