Deals

Monday, May 23, 2011

Today’s thankful: Stoplights


We were smack in the middle of a glorious Midwestern day today when I was on my way to the office. I had the windows in the car down to catch the breeze, which was just enough to keep me cooled off but not so much to wreck my hair. The sky was almost crayon blue with little puffy white clouds scattered around. Needless to say, I did NOT want to be stuck in the house or office. Since I live in the suburbs, traffic is almost non-existent on a weekday midmorning and the stoplights are pretty far between. I found myself actually being thankful every time I got stopped at a light because I could hear the birds chirping when the car came to a stop. Those lights gave me an opportunity to stop and hear the birds and enjoy the splendor of this day. It isn’t exactly stopping to smell the roses, but is a pretty darn good substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment