Deals

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today’s thankful: My crockpot and the fact that I actually used it


We had a fundraising event for the Avon Marching Black & Gold’s trip to the Tournament of Roses parade in January. It was a showcase of the many bands, classes and ensembles in the music program. Because my Middlest is such a busy girl, we were there from noon until six. Knowing that we would be gone most of the day, and expecting to be exhausted when we got home, I tossed some chicken in the crockpot before I left. Did I have a plan for said chicken you ask? No, I did not. I just threw it in with the basics: a little chicken stock, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onions and some celery. By the time I got home, a form had planned. I added green beans and pasta alfredo. Voila! 20 minutes and dinner was ready. I love my crockpot, and am thankful that I actually thought to use it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment