Deals

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today’s thankful: Moody’s Butcher Shop

Everyone who knows me has had to hear me go on and on about Moody’s Butcher Shop in Avon. I have been completely converted back to butcher shop (i.e. humanely raised) meat to the point I rarely eat dinner out anymore. So a few weeks ago, I called to place an order and the guy who answered the phone said, “Hi, Amy” instead of saying the store name. I felt a little embarrassed at having been in the store so many times that they know me, but at the same time, it was kind of like everyone shout “Norm!” when I walked into my favorite bar. 
Anyway, my thankful today comes in two parts. I had ordered my meat for the Memorial Day picnic at my dad’s house and planned to pick it up today. Due to a variety of circumstances, but mostly my being brain dead, I pulled into Moody's parking lot at 4:10. The closed sign was on the door, but their cars were still there. I ran to the door. Thankfully, the manager smiled and ran to let me in. So my two parts are that I am so thankful to have Moody’s so close. The other part of the thankful is that they are not a corporation and were therefore happy to provide the extra service by letting me in when I was clearly past the deadline. I don’t know what I was going to feed 24 people tomorrow if they hadn’t opened for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment