Deals

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today’s thankful: A happy server


Eldest had to participate in an art show at Circle Center Mall today in the Arts Garden for her school. Middlest and I went down in the early afternoon to see her. I figured part of our visit would include lunch, and I was right. Eldest was hungry when we arrived, so I took the girls to Johnny Rocket’s. I told them that if you played Respect on the jukebox, the wait staff would all dance. The girls thought that sounded fun, so we dropped in our nickel and waited. When the song came up and no one danced, I asked our server why they weren’t dancing. Apparently, there are several songs to which the staff will dance, but the diner has to be pretty empty and all of the servers have to know the dance. We expressed our disappointment. Then she did the neatest thing. She gathered the servers and asked what song they knew. Then she put that song on the overhead and the wait staff danced for us. One of the guys did NOT want to participate, so he was kind of glaring and hating life, making it super fun to laugh at his expense. All in all, it was a lot of fun and I am so glad we were lucky enough to have a happy server who not only brought us food, but catered to our whims.

No comments:

Post a Comment