Deals

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today’s thankful: At least to a crazy-eyed guy I look young enough to be preggers


One of the restrooms at work is near a waiting area for patients. Right across from the doors is a small seating area with a television. There was a crazy-eyed guy sitting on the little sofa when I approached the door, and he smiled at me kind of weird. He was either special or completely lacking social skills. The jury is still out on that, but I smiled back because we are supposed to be friendly to patients.

Anyway, when I exited the restroom, he was standing outside the door waiting for me to come out. Yeah, that was kind of creepy. Then he said, “good luck.” Umm, okay. I said, “thank you.” Then he said, “Do you know what you’re having?” I said no and kept on walking. This is what happens when you are shaped like an apple. I guess I should thank my parents for passing that particular gift on to me. Instead of being mad about it, because, really, there was something obviously wrong with him, I decided to be thankful that, at least to a crazy-eyed person, I look young enough to be expecting. I am probably delusional, but if I believe otherwise, I might have to get depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment