Deals

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today’s thankful: It could have been worse


My mom is in the hospital where I happen to work. Right now I am on a project team which includes the Chief of Staff. So this morning I was in mom’s room visiting and it was super hot in there. We were sitting on the bed next to each other and I hiked my skirt up around my hips and tucked the front between my legs, kind of like shorts. Mom’s gown was up also, because we were comparing the size of our thighs. I know that is sick, but she was telling me that hers were bigger than mine, and I HAD to prove her wrong. She really didn’t have a prayer of winning. She is 77 years old and scrawny.

So, anyway, we were sitting and chatting, and in walked Dr. Chief of Staff. He got a huge smile on his face and said, “Well, hello.” I returned the greeting. He then asked me if I was related to the patient. I told him it was my mom, then she said, “I thought you two knew each other.” Yah. To make matters worse, I had to sit in a meeting with him this afternoon. And, yes, I kept my skirt down. The thankful part comes in because I still had on my boots, fully zipped, and hadn’t tucked my shirt into my bra. It could have been so much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment