Deals

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Today’s thankful: My crockpot and its ability to make magic

Last week I decided to buy a brisket and cook it. I asked the butcher shop how to properly prepare a brisket, and happily hauled my 7.5 pound, $48 brisket home. I cooked it as they said, and we mostly enjoyed it. I had never heard anyone mention how much fat is in a brisket, though. The fat factor kind of grossed me out, but it was so expensive, I wasn’t about to throw the remainder out. I wrapped it and put it in the freezer until last night. After thawing overnight, I chopped off all of the fat I could find this morning and tossed it into the crockpot. I then dumped in the gravy that I had saved from the first round and let it cook all day. I think I am in love. I have always known I am in love with my crockpot, and now that bond is stronger. I’m not sure I will ever cook another one, but am happy to deem my first brisket a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment