Deals

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Today’s thankful: Mom’s crazy family cookbook

My mom decided to create a cookbook for all of her children and grandchildren using family recipes. On the surface, a family cookbook seems like a good idea. It gets a little goofy, though, when you consider the fact that my mom was one of those throw in onions until it tastes right and cook it until it looks right kind of cooks. While compiling the tried and true family recipes, mom made an effort to actually measure and write down as she cooked our favorites. She then made copies and put them in plastic sheet protectors in binders for each of us. At first, I thought it was kind of a silly gift, but it has grown on me over the years. Tonight I used it to make one of Middlest’s favorite Grammy dishes, which we hadn’t had since Grammy passed away in May. As we were finishing our meal, Youngest looked skyward and thanked Grammy for the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment