Deals

Friday, October 28, 2011

Today’s thankful: That guy wasn’t my son

While attending a graduation ceremony recently, I saw something that I have never before seen. The student was a vet tech student, maybe in his late twenties. He had on a Batman cape over his gown, which honestly didn’t strike me as all that odd. Then when he walked past me up close, I noticed that he was wearing a small fleece pouch around his neck and cradling it as if there was something live in it. Again, as he was a vet tech, I assumed he was nursing a sick or wounded baby something or other back to health. I asked Eldest about it after the ceremony. She told me that the thing in his pouch was a sugar glider.
According to sugarglider.com, a sugar glider is a small nocturnal marsupial native to Australia and Indonesia. They are awfully cute, but I’m pretty sure I don’t want one for a pet.
Anyway, Eldest informed me that the owner of the sugar glider takes it everywhere with him. I wonder how many cats try to eat it during the course of a regular vet tech day. At any rate, more than being entertained at such an odd pet owner, I was pretty glad the dude wasn’t part of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment