Deals

Monday, October 24, 2011

Today’s thankful: Neither I nor my siblings are likely to be in the public eye

The news media today is in an uproar because one of Madonna’s brothers is apparently living on the streets in Michigan. Public opinion seems to be that she should take care of him. What?! On what planet is a person responsible for the welfare of his or her siblings? I understand that family should take care of family, and I agree with that to a point. For example, if one of my siblings needed help through no fault of their own, I would step up and do what I could. But, and here is the gigantic but, if I had helped them once and they made the same stupid mistake, I would SO not feel obligated to step in again. So my problem with the public opinion being that Madonna should step up and care for her brother is that we don’t know their back story. It is none of our business. I frankly don’t care what she does. I simply believe that it is awfully easy to sit back and judge when you don’t have all of the facts. I am choosing to stay out of that particular argument as to whether she should or shouldn’t help him. I am thankful that neither my siblings nor I are likely to be in the public eye anytime soon, so if they were to need help while I looked the other way, it wouldn’t make the evening news.

No comments:

Post a Comment