Deals

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Today’s thankful: Baby’s blue eyes are fine

Youngest came out of her room and informed me that she couldn’t go to school because her right eye suddenly was unable to detect the color red. I pointed to a red object and asked her what color it was and she said, “white.” Then she said, “Oh, no! Now I can’t see green!” Again, I asked what color a green item was and she said, “white.” At that point, I told her that being color blind wouldn’t keep her out of school. Middlest informed her that one is born with color blindness and that it is more common in boys than girls. Youngest stuck like glue to her story. Then Middlest asked what color a pink item was and Youngest said, “pink.” Middlest informed her that pink is a shade of red and if she were really color blind to red, it was unlikely that she would be able to see pink either. At that point, realizing her story was dying a slow death from all the holes her sister had poked in it, rubbed her eye and said, “Hey! The colors are starting to come back into my eye!”

It is possible I should have gone with her color blind story, though. Today on the playground she tried to twist the ear off of a boy at recess because he made her mad. I guess I am thankful she didn’t accomplish that particular task.

No comments:

Post a Comment