Deals

Friday, December 3, 2010

Today's thankful: House cats

As my kitty was head butting me and purring this morning, it occurred to me that I am extremely thankful for domesticated house cats. If you’re not a cat person, you won’t get it, but visiting a cat is different from living with one. Cats can be faithful companions, but they aren’t needy like dogs. I like dogs, too, but cats are my fave. I had one cat who used to walk out to the end of the driveway to meet the school bus each afternoon. Another of my cats was in every picture I took of the kids when they were small. He watched over them like a mother hen. When Eldest was a baby and started to cry in her bedroom, he would come get me and lead me to the bedroom to take care of her. My favorite thing about cats, though, has to be the fact that when they come up to you and offer affection, you know they really like you. It is a small thing, but I am thankful for my kitties, past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment