Deals

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Forgiveness


Today’s thankful: I am thankful that I can forgive myself for not posting a thankful since the 9th. That lapse puts me down five thankfuls. I have been struggling with myself as to whether or not I should make them up or let it go. I am opting for letting it go. After all, part of this thankful experiment is slowing down and taking time to enjoy the simple things. I don’t need the pressure of beating myself up for missing a few days.

On a related note, I have been a busy girl the past four days. I made a cake for a baby shower for my nephew’s wife. The cake was going to be spectacular, a three-ring circus with cookie animals perched on upside down cupcakes on top of three round cakes. The cookies were too heavy for the cake to support them. Basic disaster with a drop back and punt effort. Wound up with three round, rather boring cakes. At least they tasted good. Tiny person said to me, “guess the bear ate you that time.” Indeed. Some days you eat the bear; some days the bear eats you.

No comments:

Post a Comment