Deals

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today's thankful: Heat in the car

As I headed out the door today to take Youngest to the bus, I failed to grab a coat. This fact is not surprising given that a) I am a woman over the age of 45, b) I hate coats, and c) the temperature was a balmy 50 degrees. The thing that is surprising is that I actually got a little bit cold. Must be the fact that the sun is behind clouds which are spitting rain.

Anyway, as I was driving to my sister’s house to put my tiny person on the bus, I reached up and turned on the heater. My reward was instant heat. Though it isn’t something that is necessary to sustain life, I really am thankful that a mere flick of a switch can bring me so much comfort on a gray, drizzly day. I imagine the ladies riding in covered wagons on their way out West would have loved such a feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment