Deals

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today’s thankful: No batteries were required

Youngest asked if she could help me cook dinner last night, and because I was peeling potatoes and wanted to eat before bedtime, I told her that I needed to do it myself. Ordinarily, I let her help cook when she asks, but I in a weakened state from the hunger. She squawked a little, then left the kitchen, only to return to play underneath my feet. I miss that girl during the day, so I let her stay. I was extremely pleased when I actually looked at what she was doing, because there were no electronics involved and she was using her imagination. She had fashioned a bowling game out of things she had found around the house. Her “pins” included two bottles of glue, a plastic toothbrush holder, an empty vitamin bottle, spice container, and water bottle. None of the balls in her vast supply provided enough of a challenge, though, and she eventually wound up using the severed head of a baby doll. That’s not sick at all. Right?

1 comment:

  1. Love the severed doll's head! Your daughter has style! -- Darcy

    ReplyDelete