Deals

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Today's thankful: My kids aren't bat shit crazy. Yet.

Last week when the media first showed a picture of the gunman in Arizona, Jared Lee Loughner, they showed what must have been when Loughner was 15. He was a normal looking teenager. A few days later, we were shown a current picture of the 22-year-old man. Clearly, in the course of the seven years or so since the first picture was taken, a lot has changed. The current photo shows someone who has, by the look in his eyes, gone completely bat shit crazy. Why, then, does the media continue to show the fresh-faced teen picture? Are they trying to garner support for him? I have always known the media is biased, but they usually try to hide it better than in this instance.
I am forced to ask myself, once again, why I bother to tune into news broadcasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment