Deals

Friday, May 4, 2012

Today’s thankful: I woke up in the middle of the night and washed Tiny Person’s hair

I have had a rule in place for the past dozen or so years that there are only a few reasons to wake mommy. If one is bleeding, vomiting or otherwise in physical distress, they may wake me. I know this rule sounds harsh, but both Eldest and Middlest inherited their dad’s insomnia. They were fond, as little girls, to wake me to let me know they couldn’t sleep. I am a good sleeper, hence the rule. Over the years, they have awoken me on numerous occasions, all valid. So about a month ago, Eldest woke me up to let me know there was something that resembled paint in Youngest’s hair. When I didn’t respond with much more than a sleepy grunt, Eldest became more adamant that I get up. She has always been great at following the don’t wake mommy rule, so I paid attention to her second attempt. I am SO glad I did. I went into the bathroom to find Youngest with something that looked like lumpy paint with sparkles and some sort of grease in her hair. I tossed her into the tub and washed whatever it was out of her hair. She refused to say what the substance was for about four days. The incessant nagging by her sister finally forced the information out of her. She had mixed old nail polish, powder blush and hand lotion. I have no idea where she got the nail polish, but she has been banned from paint of any kind for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Great post -- my daughter also LOVES to mix things -- usually food substances that have no business being mixed together!

    ReplyDelete